8/3/2017 2:10:19 PM |
When your smile is healthy, you just feel happy! At Aberdeen Dentistry in Boynton Beach, Florida, we focus on complete healthy dentistry for the entire family and believe that your oral health is a gateway to your total well-being.
Often time we see or hear “complete health” associated with something, but what exactly does it mean or how is it associated?
When it comes to oral health, complete health dentistry takes dentistry a step further by focuses on caring for a patient’s overall health, no matter the age. There is a connection between oral health and total body wellness. As a complete health dentist, clues from a patient’s mouth can act as signals to other ailments they may be at risk for or already be developing.
As a complete health dentist, we strive to form a lasting relationship with our patients while forming a partnership between dental and medical professionals. The overall, common goal is to improve the health and wellness of the individual.
For more information about Aberdeen Dentistry, call 561-364-7000 or visit www.myboyntondentist.com
Or connect and follow us on:
To see what patients personally say about Aberdeen Dentistry, visit https://goo.gl/NVPM75 for patient videos/testimonials.
7/21/2017 11:45:16 AM |
Dr. Hillary Krawatsky Recommends Orthodontics When…
We recommend orthodontics when it is the best way to create a healthy and beautiful smile. Moving teeth into proper alignment through orthodontics not only sets up a foundation for a beautiful smile but also aligns your teeth for longterm health.
Proper orthodontics can correct tooth alignment and treat tooth grinding and jaw clenching. Your teeth and jaw joints can work more effectively when your teeth come together in harmony to bite, grind, and chew. As a result, there will be minimal wear and tear on your teeth, jawbones and joints. This also means minimal impact on your dental fillings and crowns. Tooth alignment also reduces stress on jaw muscles, tendons, tooth ligaments, and more. If you suffer from TMJ problems, tooth alignment is a healthy step to treat your pain and create a harmoniously working mouth for the rest of your life.
Sometimes, orthodontics is important when tooth crowding is contributing to tooth decay and gingivitis. Straight teeth will improve your ability to brush and floss all surfaces more easily and thoroughly, reducing harmful bacteria that cause decay and gum disease.
If you will benefit from alignment of your teeth, Dr. Krawatsky will refer you to a top orthodontist in Boynton Beach. Dr. Krawatsky and the orthodontist will review your smile options, and they will discuss with you the orthodontic treatment that is appropriate for you.
Many times the creation of a lasting beautiful smile cannot be achieved without orthodontics. Today, there are many options, including Invisalign clear aligner technology, clear brackets and wires, and accelerated (faster) orthodontics. Many adult patients and teens are starting braces and enjoying the lasting benefits of improved health, comfort, and confidence in their appearance.
6/19/2017 10:55:17 PM |
More often than not, Americans ignore their dental health. It’s surprising how often patients avoid dental issues as long as possible, even if they suspect something is wrong.
Waiting to have a dental issue checked until you have unbearable pain can lead to greater damage to your tooth and possibly to the surrounding teeth. Additionally, it can result in the need for a more serious or invasive procedure to correct the problem.
If you notice that something is not right in your mouth, whether that be tooth sensitivity, discoloration, swollen or irritated gums, chipping or cracking of a tooth, or other concerns, it’s important to set up an appointment to see a dentist as soon as possible.
Determining Frequency of Dental Exams
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends regular dental exams at a frequency determined by a dentist. For many, this means you should be paying your dentist a visit every six months to help ensure that your teeth stay in good shape and most problems or risk factors can be identified before they become major issues.
However, depending on your dental history and current risk factors, your dentist may advise a different check-up schedule for your individual situation.
Referencing a study published in the Journal of Dental Research in 2013, the ADA advises consumers that the key to good dental health is a personalized approach to oral care. This underscores the need to find a dentist who understands that everyone’s mouth is unique and each person must be treated as an individual when evaluating a plan for both treatment and preventative care.
To get a plan that fits you, building a relationship with a reputable dentist is even more important. Aberdeen Dentistry provides local, personalized dental services in Palm Beach County, Florida. Their professional and caring staff take the time to understand your needs and provide the best service for your smile.
Connection to Your Overall Health
Your dental health says a lot about your general well-being. You may be surprised to learn that your dental health could be an indicator of your likelihood to develop other conditions. Recent research has shown a relationship between periodontal (gum) diseases and cardio-vascular issues.
In the wake of such reports, it becomes imperative that you make your dental health exams a priority. A knowledgeable dentist will always make it easy for you and your family to deal with all dentistry-related issues.
Your dental demands can range from anything as simple as a teeth cleaning and x-rays to more complex processes like Dental Implants. With the experienced team of professionals at Aberdeen Dentistry, you can rest assured that your needs will be treated with care.
Why Prioritize Dental Care
If you haven’t kept up with regular dental exams or don’t know what treatment you may need, it’s time that you prioritize your dental health and pay serious attention to it. The habit can actually help you avoid a majority of dental issues or allow your dentist to detect problems early, ensuring the best possible treatment plan and possibly saving your tooth or teeth in the long run.
Having access to a good dentist is a must. A professional in the field with a good reputation is always a good start. At Aberdeen Dentistry, Dr. Hillary Krawatsky and her team of experts are constantly at work, treating an array of dental issues for the whole family.
If you are a resident of Boynton Beach or Lake Worth, FL, then Aberdeen Dentistry is your one-stop solution to your family’s dental needs.
Your smile should greet everyone you meet, but it takes proper care to maintain that smile. With great dental health practices and help from regular visits to Aberdeen Dentistry, you and your family can be confident in your smiles!
5/28/2017 9:54:00 PM |
We are a family dental office located in Boynton Beach, Florida. We see both adults and children for everything from general dental exams and cleanings to cosmetic dentistry.
We focus on complete health dentistry and try to provide every patient the finest dental care. We love to see our patients happy and healthy, and we have found that when your smile is healthy, you just feel great.
We also love when our patients leave us feedback on how we did. It helps us understand what we do well and how we can improve. To see what many of our wonderful patients think about the dental services we offer, check out our reviews page, our video testimonials at https://goo.gl/NVPM75 or visit our website at www.myboyntondentist.com for more information about our dental services.
We look forward to seeing your family join our family at Aberdeen Dentistry!
4/19/2017 4:27:59 PM |
Porcelain veneers (also known as dental veneers) are designed for providing a natural appearance and improved health to your teeth. This is usually the best option if you are willing to get rid of tetracycline or dark yellow stained teeth. This treatment is also referred as “instant braces” due to the fact that porcelain veneers instantly improve the shape of your teeth.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers can be best defined as thin shells of heat-fired porcelain designed for fitting perfectly on your teeth. Before you ask, let me clarify that porcelain veneers don’t cause any problems in brushing and flossing. You can normally carry out these activities as you would. The best part of porcelain veneers is that the filling usually last at least a couple of years depending on the quality of material used in this process.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers:
- Natural appearance: There are a number of different treatments to improve the color, size, and shape of your teeth. However, porcelain veneers are known for providing the most natural looking results.
- Tolerance: Unlike majority of other materials, porcelain is easily tolerated by gum tissues, which makes this treatment an ideal choice for a number of patients.
- Stain-resistant: As mentioned above, porcelain veneers deliver long lasting teeth whitening due to its stain resistance capability.
- Provide better support: Porcelain veneers are best for providing a better shape and size to your natural teeth. No matter how well we take care of our teeth, some of us are born with bad shapes.
- Affordability: This is probably to be the most affordable option for patients needing to fix multiple problems, however, your decision of choosing the dental clinic shouldn’t solely depend on the cost of porcelain veneers. Dentist’s experience and the material used in the veneers should be your first priority.
- Painless: In the dental world, pain is the factor that usually discourages a lot of people. It just so happens that porcelain veneers are counted among the safest and painless treatments in dental procedures.
- Highly successful: Porcelain veneers treatments are known for being the most successful, in-terms of both implementation and satisfaction that dentistry has ever offered.
- Restoration: If you’ve recently undergone any dental filling treatment, porcelain veneers can add extra benefit to it by allowing longer restoration of color and preventing the filling from breaking down.
Although there are hundreds of different dental clinics that are offering this service, your most important step is to select the one with experienced doctors, a high patient satisfaction rate, affordability, and the use of high quality materials. Therefore, Aberdeen Dentistry, located in Boynton Beach, Florida, is highly recommended as an ideal option for you. The online patient reviews can easily reveal the quality of the services they provide. Start smiling more today! Call Aberdeen Dentistry at 561-364-7000 or visit their request an appointment page to schedule your dental consultation to discuss the possibility of porcelain veneers or if another dental procedure is better suited for your smile.
4/13/2017 7:33:59 PM |
Dentures are often associated with but not limited to old age, when lost teeth and tissues make it too difficult for the individuals to chew their food. They are designed to look similar to their natural teeth and considered to be the best method of improving one’s smile when they’ve lost teeth or have other cosmetic imperfections. Dentures are further simplified into two main categories, complete dentures, and partial dentures.
There are times when our teeth are partially missing and that’s when partial dentures are utilized. It is best for preventing teeth from shifting and filling in any missing spaces within your teeth. On the other hand, complete dentures are utilized when there is more gum than teeth remaining. Both situations relieve pressure and discomfort from food and teeth grinding against the gums.
A benefit of dentures is that they are compatible for the majority of people no matter the current issues with their teeth and should last for years. They are very strong and made of a solid material that doesn’t erode easily. Dentures continue to increase in popularity around the world. However, call it lack of knowledge or something, there are still people out there who are very hesitant to get this treatment done. Both types of denture treatments are risk-free and affordable at the same time.
Here are the top 4 reasons that define why dentures are important:
- Complete Dentures: Protects you from gum disease and further health problems from rotting teeth while offering you a beautiful, natural looking smile again.
- Partial Dentures: Great for healthy gums and reducing trapped food in tooth gaps while adding in keeping the remaining teeth in proper position.
- Tissues and smile: Both type of dentures results in improving your face tissues and smile.
- Quality of Life Improvements: These treatments help you with jaw movements such as speaking and chewing (resulting in better digestion) and improved cosmetic features, such as a beautiful smile.
Not all clinics are able to deliver the same quality or service for dentures. Some have different expertise in dental care while others may use lower grade of materials, which may not last as long or look as natural. When it comes to dentures and your smile, it’s important to work with an expert who cares about your oral health. Rest assured, Aberdeen Dentistry offers professional, affordable denture services. Dr. Krawatsky and her staff are well-qualified to deal with all dental issues and are well known for the quality of their denture artistry all across Boynton Beach, Florida and surrounding communities such as Lake Worth, Florida.
For more information about Aberdeen Dentistry or to schedule an appointment to discuss denture options that best fit your needs, visit www.myboyntondentist.com or call 561-364-7000.
3/29/2017 11:53:55 PM |
The teeth play a huge part in our daily lives, from chewing and biting to speaking. Without the teeth, these tasks cannot be accomplished properly. Nothing on your face makes a greater contribution to how you look than your smile. This is why many people rely on the services provided by cosmetic dentistry procedures to enhance their oral looks and smiles.
Cosmetic dentistry concentrates on improving the overall appearance of your teeth and smile. Simply put, traditional dentistry addresses every disease or condition related to your overall oral health, while cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the look of your teeth. The need for cosmetic dentistry is rising, which is why Aberdeen Dentistry provides both general and cosmetic dentistry services in Boynton Beach and Lake Worth, Florida. Aberdeen Dentistry is located in Boynton Beach, Florida and offers a variety of dental services including dental cleanings, defect prevention, dental exams and X-rays, laser dentistry and children’s dentistry.
- Dental Cleaning
- Teeth cleaning is one of the most basic services provided by Aberdeen Dentistry. It’s a very simple, non-invasive treatment that serves to remove stains and discoloration from your teeth. The color of teeth is one of the first things we notice about a smile, and while there are different teeth cleaning products and techniques, nothing is quite as effective as the procedures provided by Aberdeen Dentistry.
- We also recommend basic prevention techniques to avoid tooth defects and dents and to ensure healthy tooth care.
Aberdeen Dentistry deals with various type of cosmetic dentistry, which can provide benefits in your dentistry treatment. Here are some of our popular and trending cosmetic dentistry treatments to enhance your looks and your overall oral wellbeing:
- Porcelain veneers
- Porcelain veneers are very thin, custom coverings made in a professional dental laboratory that are bonded to the front of your teeth. Ultimately, veneers are utilized to improve imperfections in your smile, and they are often an alternative to crowns. In fact, as a dental restoration, porcelain veneers are useful to solve a wide variety of dental problems including correcting crooked or misshapen teeth, severely discolored teeth, uneven spaces between teeth, and worn or chipped teeth.
- Porcelain crowns are a cosmetic dental procedure meant to correct broken or fractured teeth, decayed teeth, fractured fillings, or as a cosmetic enhancement. There are actually many types of crowns, but porcelain crowns are among the most popular because they closely resemble natural teeth.
- These are known to be a partial or complete set of artificial teeth for either the upper or lower jaw and can also be called a dental plate.
Choose Aberdeen Dentistry
Aberdeen Dentistry can work with you to assess your specific dental needs and customize a solution to you. For more information on the state-of-the-art general and cosmetic dentistry services offered, contact Dr. Hillary Krawatsky and the entire team at Aberdeen Dentistry.
We are dedicated to providing you with the personalized care that you and your entire family deserve. You can also visit our website at http://myboyntondentist.com for more information about our services. Your smile is our top priority.
2/28/2017 9:33:48 PM |
Choosing a dentist can seem a daunting task at first, however, we are here to help you in this important decision for you and your family. Why not try our complimentary 2nd opinion exam if you are unsure of your treatment needs. Dr. Hillary Krawatsky can offer her expertise through a complete evaluation of your teeth and gums and partner with you to achieve your healthiest smile yet!
Another option is to take advantage of our office New Patient promotion. For $99, you will receive a full dental exam, gum evaluation, x-rays, and a full dental cleaning with our skilled dental hygienist.
Feel free to visit http://www.MyBoyntonDentist.com/meet-the-team/ to learn more about our dental office in Boynton Beach.
2/13/2017 8:36:56 PM |
Valentines day is upon us and that means enjoying some chocolate treats. Dark chocolate in particular, has multiple health benefits:
- high in potassium, copper, magnesium, and iron
- increases bloodflow to the brain
- studies show that it lowers blood pressure
- it is high in antioxidants
- it helps control blood sugar
- it can improve your mood
Let’s all enjoy some dark chocolate and reap some health benefits at the same time!
1/3/2017 8:01:48 PM |
It’s a new year, which means that now is a great time to compile your list of New Years resolutions. In addition to eating well and staying fit, make sure to include a healthy smile to your …
Source: New Year, New Smile